To our team members and families,
South Texas Behavioral Institute (STXBI) is committed to the safety and well-being of our team, clients and their families. We have been and will continue to monitor the situation with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure everyone’s safety.
In an ongoing effort to prevent the spread of illness and ensure we are able to continue to provide medically necessary services to our clients. We want to share with you what’s happening in our clinic.
• We are keeping up to date on information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
• We are ensuring supervised handwashing following the recommended protocol for all clients. See steps here; Proper Hand Washing
• Staff are ensuring they are also following the recommended hand washing protocol which is posted in the restrooms
• For our clients who come into the clinic two children’s videos have been reviewed with them regarding the virus, see them here; Video 1 and Video 2
• We are working on teaching and reinforcing proper cough covering (using the vampire cover) as well as using how to use a tissue and sanitize hands afterwards for all clients during sessions
• We have posted visuals on covering cough and sneezes around the clinic
• Hand sanitizer and Kleenex are readily available in multiple areas of the clinic
• We have increased the number of times common surfaces are cleaned during the day
• Tables and chairs are being wiped down before and after any snack or meal times with disinfecting wipes or spray
• Toys and items used are being disinfected daily with Clorox Bleach solution
• Doorknobs, chairs, therapist ipads, phones, keyboards and other surfaces used daily are also being disinfected at the end of each day
• We have purchased backup supplies such as disinfecting spray, paper towels, bleach etc.
Here are measures that we ask you and your family to take to help reduce the spread of illness.
• If you or anyone in your home is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 please call us to cancel session immediately and follow up with your healthcare provider
• If you, anyone in your home or anyone whom you have come in contact with tests positive for COVID-19 please let us know immediately
• For sessions occurring in your home ensure that there is free access to a restroom with soap available for our team members to wash their hands
• Wash your hands vigorously for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Supervise your child’s handwashing at home
• Avoid all non-essential travel
• If you must travel please notify us immediately, this information will be made known to other parties who come in contact with you and it will be up to their discretion as to whether to continue or halt contact
The leadership team will continue to meet to review our response plan and make any adjustments necessary. We will keep you updated as to any changes. While we do not anticipate closures at this time we will have a plan in place to notify you in the unlikely event this occurs.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns by email, phone or in person.
Thank you for your support as we continue to work with you to make meaningful change One Step at A Time.
All the best,
The STXBI Leadership Team